Role: Head Office
Reactive Facilities Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reactive Facilities Manager within our maintenance team for our care home group Springcare across Shropshire, Cheshire, Wirral, Worcestershire and East Midlands.
This post will be based from Head Office in Whitchurch Shropshire but you will be required to travel around the group.
The successful applicant will have the following experience and knowledge:
Needs experience working in maintenance.
Hiring, training and firing maintenance staff.
Stepping in to help coordinate more complex maintenance work.
Management of budgets and approval of expenses.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Leadership and Management (Facilities Management) is desired.
Driving licence is an essential skills.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role but aren’t inclusive
- Day to day management for responsibility, within their assigned sites and schemes of the repair, maintenance and general Health and Safety requirements and more specifically of those relating to statutory and legal compliance obligations including but not restricted to gas, asbestos, water hygiene, lifting, fire safety and electrical safety standards, regulations and codes of practise. This includes ensuring that all service providers adhere fully not just to their own safe systems of work but adhere to those specified by Springcare e.g. breaching fire compartments within Springcare premises without correct prior authorisation to carry out such works.
- Responsible for working and contractual relationships with assigned service providers (internally and externally) in line with agreed contracts. Supporting assigned Springcare contract managers to ensure service delivery to their assigned sites and schemes.
- Management of the assigned service charge budgets including contribution to budget setting, identifying and implementing cost savings and efficiencies.
- Undertake ad hoc project work within assigned portfolio, reviewing specification, conducting site visits, and advising on budget and risk.
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation and the implications this will have on Springcare, making any necessary recommendations.
- Ensure the standards and targets set for customer satisfaction and compliance are fully met.
- Provide daily leadership of the site working with our supply chain partners (cleaning and security staff) to ensure activity is delivered on time to the correct standard.
- Own stakeholder management for the site enabling good communication between key site users and the property operations team.
- Creating maintenance schedules and delegating tasks to team members.
- Conductive site inspections and identifying areas requiring extra maintenance work.
- Supervising maintenance workers and ensuring they follow safe work practices.
- Staying on call and responding to emergency maintenance needs
- Hiring and management of subcontractors and other vendors for specialised maintenance work.
Job alert signup
Please enter your details below. When new vacancies matching your criteria are added, you will receive an email with details and a link to apply. You can unsubscribe from these updates at any time by clicking a link included in the email.